Laurie Wallis, RN takes a functional and holistic approach to working with her clients. The approach and process may differ considerably from the conventional medical model you may be accustomed to. Please read the following information thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the process.
As a new client your treatment is broken into two phases:
Each phase is described in more detail below. Our office policies and fees are linked at the end of the page.
Phase One: The Case Review
The first appointment you book with be The Case Review. This is the first step for all new clients. The Case Review process is designed to save money and time in the long-term by performing the appropriate diagnostic testing and evaluation before treatment begins. A cornerstone of our approach is “test, don’t guess.” Identifying the underlying patterns contributing to disease is the key to a successful and lasting outcome.
The Case Review serves several purposes. It enables Laurie to more accurately estimate how long your treatment program will last, what it will include and how much it will cost. It gives you the chance to ask any questions you may have about your condition and what you should expect. And it provides an opportunity for us to get to know each other and determine if our clinic is a good fit for you over the long-term.
The Case Review includes:
- An initial 120 minute in-person consult where we will :
– Discuss your medical history and current issues.
– Review your completed intake forms.
– Discuss your current diet and any supplements or medications you are currently taking.
– Discuss the results of your first BioFeedback session (a 60 minute BioFeedback Session is included as part of the first appointment).
- Bloodwork : Based on the initial consult, Laurie will recommend bloodwork (normally a comprehensive screen and any additional issue-specific diagnostics).
- Bloodwork Review : Upon receiving the results of your bloodwork, Laurie will review and prepare a treatment plan custom-tailored for the individual.
- A 60 minute follow-up consult where we will :
– Review your results and present your treatment plan (including diet, supplements and lifestyle therapies).
– Recommendations for further testing (if necessary).++ We’ve tried to keep the above as succinct as possible. For those who seek additional information on the Case Review, CLICK HERE.
Phase Two: Ongoing Treatment
Once the Case Review is complete, you’ll have follow-up appointments on an as-needed basis throughout the remainder of your treatment plan.
Depending on the treatment plan proposed, Laurie will make a recommendation about when to return to review your progress on the treatment plan, along with any follow-up test results, and make additional recommendations as necessary.
From there, the frequency of your follow-up appointments will depend upon the severity of your condition as well as your response to the treatment.
You may schedule follow-up appointments in person in our office, or have them on the phone.
Other Important Information